Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Friday, January 13, 2012

R.Lynn is here today, January 13th on COME IN ~SIT DOWN ~ TELL US ABOUT YOUR...

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawing or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to google plus land at the end of the week.*****


This is a meeting place where new and old alike can hook up for their next read or just to rediscover an old love.

Here is the link: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts and as I am wont to say {as does Facebook} this site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  For the rest of the month we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.

Today we have R.Lynn author of DESCENDANTS and her soon to be released VANITY AND VALOR, a book I am reading and enjoying.  Welcome to Paul and Paula's Place ~ let's get to the meat of the meeting ~ R.Lynn

What inspired you to write?
I’ve always loved writing; I was one of those crazy kids that loved getting essays for homework. But what inspired me to write my first book was my little brother (Love you Bry!). He saw the passion and desire in me and forced me¾ he is way bigger than me and can be scary¾ to write! That is when DESCENDANTS was birthed.



Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?
I show my agent, but before her I showed my family. That probably isn’t the most productive way about it as their love for me blinds them to my errors.




What genre do you normally write in?   Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?
I actually have written in many different genres: Humor, fantasy, romance, sci-fi and historical fiction. However I have yet to write a romance free book! So I guess that’s my staple genre. I’ve been thinking about steam punk because of it’s rising popularity, plus it’s my brothers favorite.  However I just don’t think I know enough about it to do it justice.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
Absolutely! It’s funny really¾ when my mom first read DESCENDANTS, she was like “You could have at least used a different name for my character!” Also my leading man, Kai, is based off my husband and when my mom read the romance scenes she blushed and couldn’t look Dave, my husband, in the face for the next few days!


What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?
Write what you love and write from your heart! The craft of writing you can learn, it is something I continuously strive to get better at. But nobody can teach you heart. We all know when we read a book that tugs at our heart strings it stays with us long after a fantastically crafted and perfectly executed book without heart!



Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them? 
They do, mostly on not taking love for granted and appreciating the little things in life!


This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book? 
“This seat here? Is there nothing better? Ok, never mind, it will do. Hi my name is Andrew and I’m an…seriously you’re making me do this…erguhhhuergg. All right, alright, settle down. I’m the most important character in DESCENDANTS, though Miss Lynn didn’t feel it necessary to give me a bigger role.
Her loss.
Anyways I’m the one that keeps the others inline. Plus without me the book wouldn’t look as good. ..

…I can tell by your questioning stare and beady eyes that I didn’t answer you clear enough. So I’ll spell it out in plain English. I kick butt. That’s my job, I’m the self-defense instructor at the University.  Without me Sollara would be mincemeat. Mincemeat? You don’t know what that is? Well it isn’t pretty that’s what!”

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?
I like to believe I’m creative and offer stories that you’ve never read before. I also like to keep my readers surprised. And, well, with all the genres I write I really have something for everyone!

Thanks for taking the time to interview me- Love others and stay well read! -R

Thank you for coming R. Lynn - feel free to pop in anytime with updates.  Here are links to stay in touch with R.Lynn ~

No comments:

Post a Comment