Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rob Astor is with us today, February 1 on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us about....

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.
 

Today, February 1,  we have Rob Astor with us.  Rob was one of the first authors I read on BookRix and is one I still enjoy reading.  Let us explore Rob’s world ~

Thanks for inviting me.

Glad to have you,  Rob ~

What inspired you to write?

I think it would have to be watching every movie ever made in the 1970s up on big drive-in theater screens. Alan Dean Foster was the first author I was really drawn to. The combination of cinematics and Alan’s style molded me in the early stages.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

I used to read everything to my eldest sister to get her “stamp of approval”. Now, if it’s something for class work through the Long Ridge Writers Group, my instructor Mary Rosenblum gets first crack. Outside of class, one of my best and most loyal friends, and sometimes musical collaborator, Harry Grillo, will read things for me.

What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

I call it Science Fiction. People have told me that my stories often read more like fiction with all the science stuff just used as a backdrop. I’ve also written fantasy/mythology, poetry, song lyrics, and experimental erotica.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

All the time. All the time! You can’t get away from it. Someone does something and you know it would make a great story or scene. Truth is not only stranger than fiction, it’s also a pure form of inspiration and story telling.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Write whatever story is inside of your soul. Do not let anyone ever tell you that you can’t do it, that you are not good enough, or that no one will want to read your stuff. If you can imagine it, there is an audience for it. You really have to believe. And, just keep right on writing when it looks like everyone else was right. They’re not. Tell your story. Always.


Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

Sometimes, I put those in on purpose. Usually, they come through whatever circumstance I’ve put my characters in.

This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?
T
Hey, wait a minute! Who set your tampon on fire? The last gal I ran into was ornerier than a one-legged man in a butt kickin’ contest. Seriously! She dropkicked me right through a couple of trees. Literally! I know, I know. I just had a three Martini lunch and I’m supposed to finish my drink before I start hallucinating, blah, blah, blah… Oh, sorry. Spilled some. My head’s so light, I think I’m getting immune to gravity. So, where were we? Oh right. My name. Glogg. Not Gloggburt. Not Gloggswana. Not Gloggsies. Just plain Glogg. I pilot a scientific research vessel, something you know as a flying saucer. The next time I take the Science Chancellor’s advice and come to this planet, don’t let me. My crew and I -- don’t I sound like a Hip-Hop star now? -- my crew and I flew in from another planet. I’m not sure what you call it here, but if I tried to teach you what we call it, well, let’s just say you would be tongue-tied. No, I mean you really would end up with a knot in your tongue. I came out of Rob Astor’s short story “What If The Mysterious Jane Doe Psycho Made First Contact?” It’s up for sale at BookRix.com. Can somebody please tell me why he decided to turn me into a punching bag? I mean really! I never met the guy before in my life. I fly in to Earth for one night on the advice of my agent to be in his story about insanity and get sent home with a couple of purple eyes. Where’s the justice in that? I never even anal probed him! That’s what you call a douche with a capital bag! No further answers, your honor. I need a double Scotch over here STAT.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

Hopefully for the sense of escape and adventure. More importantly because they take you away to other places and you forget your own busy life for just a little while.

Here are Rob’s latest links

To date, Rob Astor has released nine instrumental electronic albums easily found on CDBaby, iTunes, Amazon, and digital outlets worldwide. For more information, Look Rob up on iCompositions.com, FaceBook, MySpace, BookRix, YouTube, and other sites spanning the Internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment