Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Monday, January 23, 2012

Stevie Grace is here today, January 24th on Come In, Sit Down, Tell us about...

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.




Today, January 24, we have with us Stevie Grace, an author with a vlog as well as a blog.  She is a writer with a mission to take us to the stars with her stories, mainly ones of Sci fi but Stevie does not write herself into a box...umm, except for our interview - Here, now, is Stevie Grace ~
What inspired you to write?

"I have always had a flair for the dramatic, and stories were just another outlet for it. When I was in elementary school, I stuck out like a sore thumb. (My mother had a slightly sadistic side. She forced my sister and I to wear uniforms to a public school. My nerdiness only added to the look.) I only had a few friends, but I could tell a story well enough to get half the class over. In middle school, I decided to write one down, and my love for writing was born. Ask any writer. The moment that pen touches paper for the first time, the second your story bleeds onto the page, you're addicted. I was inspired by friends, and I was hooked."



Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

"I am a hard-core people pleaser. Even though I hate showing anyone anything that isn't polished to perfection, I crave that pat on the back just like anyone else. Right now, I only have two people who beta read for me, but the number tends to fluctuate."



What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

"It depends on my mood. My default genre is fiction, with a specialty in fantasy and science-fiction. The short stories add a little variety. With those, I've done historical, fantasy, sci-fi, and most other fiction subgenres. It all depends on what I'm feeling. Sometimes I feel like creating new worlds. Sometimes I feel like reviving old worlds. The only genre I refuse to write is horror. Those give me nightmares..."



Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

"When I was younger, I did. I didn't know how to create a believable character, so I'd pick and choose from the people I knew. Unfortunately, my opinions of them changed as my relationships changed with the real people. Then, I joined a Play by Email RPG group where they required me to create a character sheet for each character. Since then, none of my characters have been based off real people. I may use certain quirks, or go based off my experience with someone, but that is is."


What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

"If you have the dream of being an author, never let go of it. Talent is not the only thing necessary to being a great author. You also have to have determination, perseverance, and an ability to tune out all the nay-sayers. The biggest thing, though, is to never give up. Nothing is ever impossible; it's just hard to reach. That's why they're called dreams."





Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

"I can't write unless I have some moral or special message. Most of mine revolve around making oneself a better person. Some have a deeper context, some have a more superficial context, but it's all basically around that. What can I say, I'm cliche."



This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?

*glares* "Kat, Zyonne, and I'm a Royal slave. What's this about anyway? Did Liam send you? And I thought I'd gotten away from him this time...."



Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

"I pride myself on weaving a complete world. I use books to escape reality. For my readers, I need to do the same. From Calypso to Zyonne to 34's cell, I want to write the story so well that you forget where you're sitting. There is so much more to a story than the story line itself, which I think a lot of authors forget. The setting and characters and depth all play a huge role. You have to weave it all together, which my books (hopefully) do. So, anyone up for an escape?"

Here is Stevie Graces’ latest info and links:

"Follow me on Twitter at stevie_grace. My facebook page is facebook.com/authorsgricketts, and my blog is steviegrace.wordpress.com. Right now, I have one book for sale on Amazon and another coming out soon. The first is a collection of short stories from my high school and college years, and the second is a fantasy short story. Both have links on my blog. As for other news, I'm currently nearing the final stages of writing Calypso. Next, the edit!"

This was fun! Hope I did a good enough job


You certainly did a great job with the interview and as one of your readers, I can attest that you also do a great job in your storytelling.  We look forward to the completion of Calypso and also any other stories you share with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment