Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Monday, January 23, 2012

Tom {WorWulf} Sterner is with us today, January 23 on Come In, Sit Down, and Tell us

This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.




Tom Sterner is with us today, January 23. Tom is a Facebook friend that has shared some of his writings {I’ve enjoyed very much} and he is also one of my biggest heart givers. Because of Tom’s friendliness, he was among the first authors I thought to ask to this interview-fest. After the interview, I urge you all to check out his site. Here’s Tom ~

What inspired you to write?

My favorite editor, Michael Annis with Howling Dog Press, says my writing is experiential. Inspired, elated, pissed off, in love, out of love, Mother’s Day; I have written to and about life since before I remember.


Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

I’m pretty much of a loner. The submission process gives one plenty of opportunities to edit, improve and finally (hopefully) figure out what is expected from a piece.


What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

Considering genre when I hang by my toes to write executes the muse. Writing to and in the moment works for me. I don’t mind folks hanging genre tags on my work but don’t go there myself.


Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

When creating characters I generally start them out with traits/habits of a certain type or specific person I’m familiar with. On a good day the characters take off and become identifiable as unique and totally unlike anyone or anything I’m familiar with.


What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Drive a truck. Clean up parking lots at shopping malls in seedy neighborhoods. Deliver a thousand newspapers a day for six years without a day off. Try roofing for a living. Step on a nail and end up with bone cancer. Ride Harley Davidsons with 1%ers and go with them to collect money from their ol’ ladies in topless bars. Stand up for your brothers and get beaten to a pulp, stabbed in the chest and left for dead. Raise beautiful children and love them well. Like yourself whenever possible. Oh yeah, if you’re a writer you’ll be writing while you do the living your life thing. Don’t expect too much from your creative efforts. Edit and submit, re-edit and re-submit.


Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

Yes. Sometimes I don’t realize what the message/moral is until I read back over what I’ve written. If I start writing with a specific message in mind, it’s like the genre thing. I get tangled in wires and my brain falls off. When I was younger it upset me when folks didn’t “get it.” Now I’m fascinated by what they “do get” from things they read.


This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?

Louis Vasquez
Last Chance, TyroYllai
Master torturer/assassin in service of the Patron


Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

I’m a helluva writer. Bet you get a lot of that. Momma’s Rain and Momma’s Fire, the first novels from my Amerikan Camp: Frail Monsters/Wounded Souls series, are based on my experience and life as a boy, Momma was a Catholic and Daddy was a Drunk. My younger brother was singled out for abuse. I was the favored first born son. If you like to read retro-fiction based on facts, the awful truth behind alcoholism and spousal/child abuse, this series of novels will appeal to your tastes.

Madman Chronicles: The Warrior is an epic apocalyptic romp, 312,000 words. Warriors in the final war on earth seek refuge in the labyrinth, a fantastic series of caves and chambers beneath the City of Stone. Battles are fought amongst themselves, against powers of the establishment, and morph creatures in the labyrinth. Vampirism, eternal life, professional sports, war, dragon riders, Native Amerikans, men and women alike, populate this novel in a valiant effort to survive and finally escape war.

Music, Poetry & Artwork: Do you have the cajones to open your mind to sound & visions you have not been programmed to believe? Do you enjoy the avant-garde? If so, go to my website & check it out. Let me know what you think.


Here is Tom’s latest info and links
http://wordwulf.com/ (website with examples of my work/artistic collaborations with my sons, etc>)
http://goo.gl/7Rfqm (music at Reverb Nation)
http://goo.gl/asXVo (music page on Face Book)
http://goo.gl/W1AKK (writing/novels page on Face Book)
http://www.whohub.com/wordwulf#ixzz10ePayWcU (interview with Whohub)
http://goo.gl/cKTHi (interview with Vagabondage Press)
Tracy J. Brennan (agent for Momma’s Rain)
Trace Literary Agency, LLC
15831 Branch Water Way
Mishawaka, IN 46545
574-514-4926
tracy@traceliteraryagency.com
Tom {WordWulf} Sterner
2360 Shining Star Way
Redding, CA 96003
530-605-1225 (land line) works better than cell
720-270-1602 (cell)
Tom (WordWulf) Sterner
www.wordwulf.com
Tom Wordwulf Sterner





No comments:

Post a Comment