Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Willie Elizabeth Towles is with us today, January 19th on Come In Sit Down, Tell Us about...

 This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.


Today, we have with us Willie Elizabeth Towles. Elizabeth had been one of my editors in the first year on BookRix and also one of the first to extend a hand of friendship. She has since gone on to finishing her novel, The Long Night Moon, and is working on her next which I am thrilled to be reading in it’s ARC form. Let us welcome, Elizabeth ~

What inspired you to write?

I've always been a storyteller, took journalism in High School, however, my career was in cosmetology. I got back into writing when I was going through a very emotional family
problem, and it was as if I was beginning my life anew!


Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are
you a loner doing it all yourself?

I did, but my friend passed away, and for the present time, it is almost as a loner...YET, I MISS THE INPUT OF A FELLOW WRITER, ONE WHO WALKS AND TALKS THE SAME PATH I TRAVEL!


What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've
always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

I write in many genres, my fiction finds me, so I choose to write what my characters dictate, my memoirs are happenings that beg to have a public voice, my poetry simply will not let me rest until I write the words down. I enjoy writing in the comedic genre, when laughter fills my soul,
I share my words; I also write in the mainstream genre, those essays are also stories that choose me as their vessel of traveling into the limelight. For now, I have no compulsion to write other than the way I am writing.


Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

Not too often, occasionally I see someone who intrigues my mind and I take the outside
image of the person and just flow with what jumps into my mind. Or on one instance, it was the front of a house, it had no porch, only three steps going down to the front yard, but it had a LOVELY PURPLE DOOR. My mind went into overdrive; I felt the people were really shy behind that door and this was their way of getting others to take the initiative and come into their lives.



What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Keep at it! Writing is a Job, although one that brings joys untold when everything clicks. Writing is a solitary obsession that leads to gather up knowledge you didn't know before, that is a wonderful reward in itself, you feel instantly smarter and it shows, not only in your writing but in your speech. People start listening to you; you've become worthy! Rejection is the norm, so don't sweat it; one person's no can be the next person's YES! KEEP WRITING!


Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them? 

Mostly, if only that I hope the story touches on someones experiences, or brings their memories to the forefront. And, too, I love a good story that ends on the top rung of the 'moral' ladder.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

It is true, I write for my own amusement, but always with a desire that it will draw other eyes.
I like to write a character so well that he or she feels like a personal friend when the book ends. I also try to set my story at a place that will prompt a reader to say, "I have to go there and see everything the author has written about." In my setting for The Long Night Moon,I had someone say, "Oh, I've been right there in that Beauty Saloon," when of course, there really wasn't a place like that; yet, it was oh, so lovely to have the reader place herself in that very location.

Here are Elizabeth’s latest info and links:

http://elizabeth-elizabethwillietowles.blogspot.com/
http://www.bookrix.com/-etelizabeth
http://etelizabeth.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment