Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Monday, February 6, 2012

Today, February 6th, Alexander Stone AKA Ken Polson on Come In, Sit Down, Tell us about....


This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html  G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.



Today, February 6th,  we have with us, Alexander Stone AKA Ken Polson.  I am on your Crypto and Company Squad - a geek in training, if you will.  This weekend you launched your group event so I know how busy you are and want to say, I’m so happy you took a side trip and stopped in.  Now, do you want me to call you Ken or Alexander?


Hello Paula,   I write under the name Alexander Stone and that persona is the one in charge of this medium


Then, Alexander ~


What inspired you to write?

The truth is, the world of today inspired me to write. We live in interesting times as the Ancient Chinese curse implies.  I suppose it was my Father that finally gave me the idea of putting it to paper. He wrote a book for his own enjoyment and the lights came on.  With that said, I had to think of all the prophecies and mysteries we see today and had to find a medium to express how I felt about them. Since I was a child my favorite question was, “Why?” and now I have the chance to show the world the answers I have found.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?


This is a hard question for many reasons. In the past I have thrown myself at “friends” for help with every aspect of my books and publishing. Truth is, if you want to publish quickly there are things you must let others do. Editing or Proofing for content, your own works, is an exercise in futility. Everyone makes mistakes but the problem lies in how the brain takes those printed words and turns them into a picture in the mind of the reader. An author has the story already in his mind because he wrote it. The words will fit the picture because the picture is already there. There are tricks that you can use to help get around it but I doubt that it works in the end. With that said, people who will go the distance with you on a project are rare. All of us have projects and things we need to get done other than the book we are working on. Unless there is a reason a person can make your work their priority, to get things done you will probably have to do them yourself. So yes I reach out for help and advice, but there is a very short list of people that I know will help.


What genre do you normally write in?   Also,  is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?


I write a combination of modern day Fantasy and Science Fiction. I would love to write a political column but my extremely volatile sense of humor is too politically incorrect.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?


Of course, as a matter of fact I have asked and gotten permission from two of my best friends. Almost every character in my books have a personality that I have seen from one or more of the thousands of people I have met over my travels. My favorite thing is listening to how people feel about the things around them and use it in my books.

What advice would you give to someone who was 
just starting off in writing?

Write, write, write, and write some more. You are the leader behind your book, yes editors, proofers, and agents are there to help you out but it is YOUR message. Sometimes bad grammar tells your story better, sometimes the things a proofer wants to see now is not what needs to be, and agents are about making money and can create a feeling of retail book inside your message that can give a different impression than you want.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them? 


Every single one of them, even though the good guys do not always win.

This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book? 


Hello I am Leon Crypto.
I guess I would have to say that I am from the mid west United States. Family moved around a bit so I really do not have a place I could say was my childhood home.
I am the Team Leader of Crypto & Co. We started as a group of reality TV Legend and monster chasers but are rapidly growing to something a little different. I don’t understand it all myself. 

Basically, I am the handsome spokesman for the team, kinda the football player among the Geek Squad in a way. But, lately I have had to start understanding what a true leader is and doing more than just acting the role. Thanks to some wonderful lessons from members of my team, I hope to be leading them in the right direction.

If you would excuse me, we are about to get really busy now and I need to get the show on the road.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?


My books are the epitome of a rollercoaster ride put on paper. Happy, sad, intense, funny, dramatic, and uplifting you will find in my books.  When you are done reading them you will go to Google and shiver at how close to reality some of the things you see and have to pause for moment and wonder if there is something to the story that lies outside the boundaries normal news can cover. Just when you think you know where the story is going, just like in everyday life, something will happen and change everything.
Crypto and Co is where Fantasy and Reality Collide.

Find out more on my websites, become a part of a growing team of writers, editor, distributers, and artists.
Facebook  (I would note that this fanpage is less than a month old and  look at how many members there are, already)
http://www.facebook.com/AlexanderStoneAuthor
Web Page
http://alexanderstone.jimdo.com/
where you can find my books.
http://alexanderstone.jimdo.com/book-links/

Thanks Alexander for stopping by especially as this is your busy season - now don’t be a stranger. Do drop in again, hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment