Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Today, February 9th, Gwen Steel is with us on Come In, Sit Down, Tell us about....


This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave us information about themselves so they can tell about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****

Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://www.indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html  G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.

For the rest of the month of January and possibly into February of 2012,we will be interviewing new and seasoned authors, first at Gwen's and then over here.



Today, February 9th, my last day of interviews for this time around, is Gwen Steel AKA G.D. Steel AKA Gwenna D’Young.  

I’ve had the immense pleasure of working with Gwen, a powerhouse of ideas and action.  She was more than my right hand when we produced A Whimsical Holiday for Children: To Benefit Children’s Charities which can be found in either print or kindle.  Here is the link for the print:  http://www.amazon.com/Whimsical-Holiday-Children-Childrens-Charities/dp/1468044761/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1328722012&sr=8-7

Now, Gwen, tell us...

What inspired you to write?

What inspired me to write: I went to Scotland to meet family for the first time and the land stole my heart. It felt like going home. I picked up a pen to write some really bad poetry and never put it down again.


Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?

I have a friend help edit, but I am a new Author. It took me awhile to find someone. The people at BookRix helped me a lot.


What genre do you normally write in?   Also,  is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?

My preferred Genre is Romance. I am a deep romantic at heart. I was challenged by friends on BookRix to try other genres, and that is good, but I still prefer Romance. I don't think I could write murder or suspense, but I am trying my hand at Children's Literature as Gwenna D'Young.


Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

I don't consciously do it, but I think some of myself goes into every heroine.


What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

My advice is to do your research, even then, publishing is changing so quickly, that it is hard at times to keep up. Follow your heart. Write what you want to write, even if it means you never publish it. However, with how things are forming up in the industry, anyone can publish anything.
Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

HMM. no I don't consciously write message or morales into my stories, but I am sure if anyone looked hard enough, they could find something..LOL


This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?

My name is Harry, from her book Jersey Daze, and I am on the run. I ditched the police and am on my way out of the country, I don't have time to talk to your, or they will put me in jail.


Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

I write what I want to read. A complete story. I want you to feel emotions from my writing. Laugh when she laughs, cry when she cries, and I want you to fall in love with her man!

As far as children's literature, I want it to be funny and entertaining. I like poetry and simple poetry at that. Children love rhymes, that is what made Dr. Suess so popular. I hope that I will be able to write at their level, making it fun for them and their family. Reading to our youth should be fun and is a healthy part of their development.

Thank you Gwen for agreeing to being my last guest in this round of interviews.  I would love to do this again  - there are still so many authors out there needing to tell ‘their’ story.                                           


Thank you Paula for the interview and the great job you did this month!

G.D. Steel
aka Gwenna D'Young  and here are some of her links:

http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/index.html
http://gdsteelromanceauthor.blogspot.com/
https://www.facebook.com/G.D.SteelRomanceAuthor
https://www.facebook.com/gwen.steel1
http://www.bookrix.com/-g.d.steel

No comments:

Post a Comment