Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Michael Taylor on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us About...


For you that are new, please read our intro now printed in Blue - for our returning guest feel free to jump to the text in black:
This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave  information about themselves - telling about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****


Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/ G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  This is a great site to join and to become interactive with guest blogging.  It gives you a chance to step out of your box and be whatever you  wish.


Another blog that I have a close tie is CRYPTO and CO.  Please pop over and check out all their pages.


I have been off doing business and my blogging, unfortunately, falls by the wayside.  There is so much news to tell and swamping tends to cross eyes and brain fog off... so only a few links on today's news.


If we thought last month was busy, this month got off to a plunge into new adventures of  editing, writing, publishing, promoting, and social interaction.

The Rain Cloud's Gift written for Children's Charities by our group The Peacock Writers' is on it's way to the NYC BOOK FAIR at the JACOB JAVIT'S CONVENTION CENTER.   No mass books or signing, just books displayed for industry professionals, stars, editors, publicists, publishers, and acquisition teams for the movie industry.  Gwenna D'Young has an Angel who was so impressed with the book, and has given us the money and backing to have the book appear in the line up.  We are also in the process of releasing a full, pictures included, limited edition.


Our next book in this series will celebrate the fall season and we are recruiting writers {1 each} from  India, Japan, and Philippines - America has Halloween and Thanksgiving, Great Britain has Guy Fawkes - we would like stories that reflect fall traditions or holidays for these other cultures as well.  The stories would remain the sole property of the author and their use as a donation would only occur for the book collection for Children's Charities. The story is to be written on a level where a child could either read it or have it read to them - our age goal for readers is 0 through 12.  Please contact me at  https://www.facebook.com/paula.shene  if interested in being considered.


Sunday, May 27, 2012 Michael Taylor


So glad to see you today, Michael.  Let's get to the meat of your writing ~



Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?
When I write a manuscript I give it to young adult readers to check out. They give me feedback, sometimes positive, sometimes negative, but all their feedback is helpful in fine tuning my manuscript. Young adults are who the book is meant for, so who better be the critic than the young adult.

What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?
I usually stick with young adult sci-fi or fantasy (always sticking close to dystopian society). For me, it’s fun to write; for the readers, it’s what they like to read.
I would love to try my hand at humor, but no matter how funny people say I am, I just don’t know if the rest of the world would agree. I’ve also been told that writing humor is one of the most difficult things to do. Maybe one day I’ll take the leap.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
I use first names of people I know but as for basing the character on the individual, no. I prefer to give my characters personalities or traits that are very different from their namesake. In doing that I feel the book reaches out to more people and allows them to identify with a particular character.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?
Don’t stop. If writing is something you love to do, keep doing it. Don’t ever let people tell you that you’ll get nowhere with your writing. Don’t expect immediate fame or money just to roll in. Being an author is a craft that must be honed. And quite possibly, one day, you will find fame and fortune in what you love to do.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?
I guess a message for my young adult readers would be, “Never give up.” But to be very honest, I believe the reader will find the message they want. I think it’s best for readers to determine the message because they might find something deeper than I could have ever thought I wrote.


This question was posed by a fellow author, and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~
Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?
My name is Trevor Green, I’m from Midland Point, Maryland, and I just recently found out that my parents had me, and my twin sister genetically altered to fight an invading alien force. I’m a bit of a loner, but I get along with everyone. I pretty much keep the group grounded.

I think that’s why, in the end of Survival of the Fittest – The Last Hope for the Human Race, Dr. Becker and Dr. Tarret separates me from the other six. They know I know more than they want me to know. But I’m smarter than those doctors. I’ve given my sister Aiyana some information. She and the others will come back for me. At least I hope they will. My twin connection with Yana is strong, I don’t think she’ll let me down.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?
My book is enjoyable for anyone who wants to escape reality and become something more than they could ever imagine. Everyone would like to be a hero, and my book gives those readers that chance. And right now, dystopian societies and worlds seem to be the way to go. Readers are smart – they know the world isn’t perfect. They want to believe they could change it.
Links for books and/or sites Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Survival-of-the-Fittest/183526571731979#!/pages/Survival-of-the-Fittest/183526571731979

Blog: http://authormichaeltaylor.blogspot.com/
Website: http://taylormichaelj.com/
Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Michael-Taylor/e/B0064I1SUS/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_1

Barnes and Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/survival-of-the-fittest-michael-taylor/1107086990?ean=9781462060986iUniverse: http://bookstore.iuniverse.com/AdvancedSearch/Default.aspx?SearchTerm=survival%20of%20the%20fittest
Twitter Name: AuthorMTaylor


No comments:

Post a Comment