Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Susan Bowes on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us...



For you that are new, please read our intro now printed in Blue - for our returning guest feel free to jump to the text in black:
This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave  information about themselves - telling about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****


Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/ G.D. Steel's blog is free promoting of your arts. As I am wont to say {as does Facebook} our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  This is a great site to join and to become interactive with guest blogging.  It gives you a chance to step out of your box and be whatever you  wish.


Another blog that I have a close tie is CRYPTO and CO.  Please pop over and check out all their pages.


I have been off doing business and my blogging, unfortunately, falls by the wayside.  There is so much news to tell and swamping tends to cross eyes and brain fog off... so only a few links on today's news.


If we thought last month was busy, this month got off to a plunge into new adventures of  editing, writing, publishing, promoting, and social interaction.

The Rain Cloud's Gift written for Children's Charities by our group The Peacock Writers' is on it's way to the NYC BOOK FAIR at the JACOB JAVIT'S CONVENTION CENTER.   No mass books or signing, just books displayed for industry professionals, stars, editors, publicists, publishers, and acquisition teams for the movie industry.  Gwenna D'Young has an Angel who was so impressed with the book, and has given us the money and backing to have the book appear in the line up.  We are also in the process of releasing a full, pictures included, limited edition.


Our next book in this series will celebrate the fall season and we are recruiting writers {1 each} from  India, Japan, and Philippines - America has Halloween and Thanksgiving, Great Britain has Guy Fawkes - we would like stories that reflect fall traditions or holidays for these other cultures as well.  The stories would remain the sole property of the author and their use as a donation would only occur for the book collection for Children's Charities. The story is to be written on a level where a child could either read it or have it read to them - our age goal for readers is 0 through 12.  
Please contact me at  https://www.facebook.com/paula.shene  if interested in being considered.


March 23    SUSAN BOWES




Susan Bowes is the first person who reached out in friendship toward me when I arrived at BookRix.  She is a reader and foremost one of BookRix's silent majority writers.  


I'm happy that you're my first guest of this round of interviews at IAN and at Paul and Paula’s Place. Your posts regarding the hows of being a better writer and accomplishing that goal have been the forerunners of some of the present existing BookRix groups.  


Now, on to learning about you ~



What inspired you to write? 

It's kind of a long story about how I first started to write. I was inspired by the actor Hayden Christensen after seeing his performance as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader in the Star Wars movie Revenge of the Sith. His acting enabled me to empathize with the character, and knowing how Darth Vader dies in the end of the saga, I just couldn't let it go and continued the story on my own. It was my first attempt at writing and I never intending for anyone but myself to read it. But when finished with my story I realized it was pretty darn good - as good as, if not better than a lot of published SW books. That's when I decided to post Malignant Metamorphosis to a few sites similar to bookrix.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?


I share my work with a few close friends who've been very helpful. They give their honest opinion which I appreciate deeply. There's nothing worse than someone telling you your story is good, when it really isn't. We don't need false praise, but helpful criticism which makes us better at our craft.

What genre do you normally write in?   Also,  is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?


I perfer to write in the scifi genre. Anything goes, so to speak. You can stay close to scientific facts, or create whole new worlds. My second love is horror. Although, I do want to attempt a dramatic story someday. The only genre I'm certain that I wouldn't be good at would be comedy. I can't tell a joke to save my life. LOL


Do you ever base your characters on people you know?

I don't really write about people I know, (as yet) but do try to name characters after them. Most times I change the letters in their names around creating a new name. An example would be: Hayden - Deynah. (taken from Malignant Metamorphosis)



What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?

Persevere and never give up your dream. My favorite quote comes from Star Wars - Yoda - "Do or do not, there is no try." It's become my motto for life.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?

A few stories I've written have morals and/or messages in them. I'm extremely worried about the state of this planet, mainly global warming. I've tried to express the dangers we face if we don't open our eyes and make changes now, before it's too late.

This question was posed by a fellow author and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ 

Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?

I have more than one name, but I am called the Supreme Ruler from the book Malignant Metamorphosis. I was born a long time ago on a planet called Tatooine in a galaxy far, far away. I am the new Sith Lord and my role is to retake the galaxy - nay, the universe, from those incompetent Jedi.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?

People would enjoy reading my books because I take readers to another place, time and/or event - some in a unique way. I've been told that I'm a very good storyteller and I've received some fantasic reviews of my work.

Three come to mind. Of Malignant Metamorphosis (my Star Wars novel) I was told that George Lucas could've been the author.

The other two reviews are about Seduction. (a sexually explicit horror novel) Quote: "I could be the next James Patterson" - and my story is "unputdownable." Fair praise indeed!

I've already started a sequel to my Star Wars novel titled "Awaiting Retribution" which is posted on bookrix.

I've also got an ebook for sale on amazon.com titled "Sorcerer." I left a few chapters posted on bookrix as a teaser.

I'm currently in the midst of a rewrite for "Seduction" which I'm self-publishing through Abbott Press, a division of Writer's Digest. Seduction will be published in the near future. I'll post it on bookrix when Seduction is avaiable.


Thank you for sharing Susan.  Here is Susan’s link for some excellent reads -

                                 [url=http://www.bookrix.com/-susanbowes] http://www.bookrix.com/-susanbowes[/url]

No comments:

Post a Comment