Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wednesday, May 30th,Ryan Matthew Harker on Come In, Sit Down, Tell us About...


For you that are new, please read our intro now printed in Blue - for our returning guest feel free to jump to the text in black:
This blog is a meeting place for authors and others in the arts .... each week as others are directed to our door or just stumble on by, they come and leave  information about themselves - telling about their new books or drawings or photos or to tell us about their new blogs. ****PLEASE be sure your comments are appearing on the latest most timely blog insuring your inclusion in the sending off to Google plus land at the end of the week.*****


Here is the link to Gwen’s site: http://indieauthornetwork.weebly.com/ , a site which I am closely affiliated. 

As I am wont to say {as does Facebook}, our site is free to comment and share and always will be free.  This is a great site to join and to become interactive with guest blogging.  It gives you a chance to step out of your box and be whatever you  wish.


Another blog that I have a close tie is CRYPTO and CO.  Please pop over and check out all their pages.


I have been off doing business and my blogging, unfortunately, falls by the wayside.  There is so much news to tell and swamping tends to cross eyes and brain fog off... so only a few links on today's news.


If we thought last month was busy, this month got off to a plunge into new adventures of  editing, writing, publishing, promoting, and social interaction.

The Rain Cloud's Gift written for Children's Charities by our group The Peacock Writers' is on it's way to the NYC BOOK FAIR at the JACOB JAVIT'S CONVENTION CENTER.   No mass books or signing, just books displayed for industry professionals, stars, editors, publicists, publishers, and acquisition teams for the movie industry.  Gwenna D'Young has an Angel who was so impressed with the book, and has given us the money and backing to have the book appear in the line up.  We are also in the process of releasing a full, pictures included, limited edition.


Our next book in this series will celebrate the fall season and we are recruiting writers {1 each} from  India, Japan, and Philippines - America has Halloween and Thanksgiving, Great Britain has Guy Fawkes - we would like stories that reflect fall traditions or holidays for these other cultures as well.  The stories would remain the sole property of the author and their use as a donation would only occur for the book collection for Children's Charities. The story is to be written on a level where a child could either read it or have it read to them - our age goal for readers is 0 through 12.  Please contact me at  https://www.facebook.com/paula.shene  if interested in being considered.



I am working along side Ryan in Crypto & Co, helping to get the first fan volume of stories out. Ryan in addition to being an interesting writer, is a publisher and I was so impressed with his work, I plan on using him for publishing my copies of The Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls that I will distribute myself. He's here with us today, so let's jump in ~ 


What inspired you to write?
Well, I’ve always loved reading and writing. Grade school through high school I devoured every bit of reading material I could get my hands on, but by 6th grade had actually gravitated towards art; I wanted to break into the comic book industry. But I was a fairly decent little writer though, and tremendously admired the artists and writers who broke free of Marvel to form their own imprints united under the company Image. I figured I could do it all; the art, writing, editing, the whole shebang. Anyways, it took me until early adulthood to get serious about writing.
Honestly it all came about while enduring the mayhem of adolescent arrogance, from a bad  habit of getting pulled over after imbibing a bit of ethyl alcohol. This very same arrogance also led me to believe that possession of a little laminate card, or lack thereof, wasn’t necessarily something a person had to take into consideration before sliding into a vehicle’s cockpit and assuming command of the controls. So, after DUI’s and driving under suspensions, I finally wound up spending some time in the local hoosegow. One night, while enjoying the County’s lavish hospitality, I dreamt I was a werewolf being hunted by a group of immortal mercenaries, and at that moment, as I had nothing but time on my hands,  the Werewolf Chronicles were born.
I’ve written on, and off ever since, as Life’s allowed though it’s only been the last two years I’ve actively pursued my writing career.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?
For the most part, I’m a lone wolf: howling at the moon and clawing at the gates of the writing community. As I move farther along in the literary world though, I’m learning the value of being a part of that community, and  there have been quite a few people in both my professional and personal lives I now trust to give me advice. It’s tough going it alone in all aspects of existence. Not only as Indie Authors and Artists, but as People, we’re in this together. Of late, the external world we all live in has skewed so far out into left field that if we don’t all pool our resources together, love each other, help each other succeed; well... I’m sure most get where I’m going here.

What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?
Fellow Indie Author Pat Ritter just posted a thread in his Facebook group, Keeping Up With My Writing, where he talked about developing your brand as an Author. I replied that my brand is “The Multiverse”. When people hear my name, when they see ‘Ryan Matthew Harker’ plastered on a book cover, I want them to think of Quantum Mechanics, Alternate Worlds, Time Travel, and all the wonder and the possibility they can find exploring these realms of infinite possibility. To answer your question simply: Science Fiction (or is it fact?) And fantasy (but in a multiverse of unending possibility, who’s to say what is fantasy!).

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
Absolutely! There are a few characters in the Werewolf Chronicles that I modeled after close friends and even family. My protagonists usually end up taking shape from pieces of my own personality, along with other factors, cobbled together as an integrated whole to produce unique and intriguing personas. I also utilize the people I most admire in life, past and present, personal and impersonal, famous, infamous, and unknown, to create my characters.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?
Write, write, write, edit, edit, edit. I can’t stress these enough. The more you write, the better you become; and the more you edit as you write the less editing you’ll have to do when you’re done writing.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or special messages, included within them?
My stories are fun to write and, I hope, to read. But, besides entertaining, I also want to educate my readers so I tend to inject my scientific and philosophical viewpoints and beliefs into my stories. I tend to have a solid yet ever expanding vision of universal truth that I’d like to see passed on to my readers through m y writing.

This question was posed by a fellow author, and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~
Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome! Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?
My name? I’m not even sure any more, it’s been so long since I’ve lived a normal existence. My parents named me David Galileo Jones, but you can call me Davey. I’m from a major metropolitan settlement directly west of the Rocky Mountains. I used to be the epitome of middle class offspring turned pizza eating, womanizing, kleptomaniac, slacker but now I’m an irreparable temporal addict adrift in a paradoxical, multiversal continuity on a mission down the Timestream to save the one woman I’ve ever felt a real connection with: my trusty SEAID (self evolving artificial intelligence device) TRU. She’s a Temporal Reconfiguration Unit capable of taking someone not only up and down the Timestream but also sideways across the multiverse into strange new alternate realities. She’s a one of a kind device. but unfortunately we’ve, been ripped apart by a dastardly Temporal Terrorist by the name of Adoc Raheem. I’ve been cautioned against attempting her rescue, as it may result in the extinction of mankind, but I have no choice: I love her.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books?
Objectively- I can’t say with any certainty that you will like my books. I hope you will, and if you value science, philosophy, with a generous helping of adventure and dry wit you probably will like them. Subjectively- you positively will have a fabulous time reading my books as they’re filled with fast paced, adventure driven, excitement that stimulates your cerebrum with universal truth, philosophical opinion, and scientifically backed concepts about where we are, where we’ve been, and where we’re going!

Links for books and/or sites





No comments:

Post a Comment