Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre

Chronicles of The K-9 Boys and Girls on Locus Street seriesre
Rescued Dogs' Stories

Monday, July 30, 2012

Billy Bob Buttons on Come In, Sit Down, Tell Us About...


Billy Bob Buttons came crashing into my life via a Facebook request for friendship.  Not long after accepting, I was invited to read a bit of his new book, a YA adventure.  
To my dismay, I landed in the midst of a squeamish, soon looking to see if there might be a weapon I would be able to use for the cause of the side into which I had been plopped.   I am not a proponent of war, nor do I enjoy reading or watching battle scenes, real or reel, but...  I was instantly captivated by the reality, the intensity and the almost instant bonding of myself, the reader, and Tor, the character.

Billie Bob Buttons {Edward Trayer} is a husband, father of three, and Secondary School English Teacher.  

From his profile on Facebook  ~



He has two matching baby earthlings called, 'No! No! Stop chewing on that electric cable!' and, 'There's no way she needs a nappy change! Is there?!' He also has a baby boy and a mate called 'Sorry, Darling' who seems vastly more intelligent and is the ruler of the dwelling. Finally, he spends lots of earth hours thumping two fingers on the keys of a primitive computer


What inspired you to write?

When you’re young, everybody tells you what to do. And when you’re older…  Everybody tells you what to do. But when I write, I decide what happens to the characters in my book. I decide if my hero turns left or right, gets to eat chocolate cake or gets eaten by a dragon. I decide, and I think that’s a pretty wonderful feeling. That is why I write.

Do you have anyone you show manuscripts to and get advice from or are you a loner doing it all yourself?
Everybody, anybody who will read it. My wife, usually two editors, a school teacher I know, even the postman if he’s got time. I don’t always listen to every word they say, but usually a fresh set of eyes can see errors I no longer can.

What genre do you normally write in? Also, is there a genre you've always wanted to write in, but don't feel you could pull it off?
I only write books for children and young adults, usually adventure or fantasy adventure with a touch of mystery thrown in. I don’t plan to write for adults; I don’t have anything to say to them.

Do you ever base your characters on people you know?
Elements of people I know get put in my characters but all mixed up. I never base a character totally on a person I meet or know.

What advice would you give to someone who was just starting off in writing?
Don’t rush it. Don’t jump helter skelter into self publishing.  Spend years on your first manuscript; get it right. Then, when you think it is perfect, spend another year on it. Get help from anybody who offers it. And, if nobody offers, beg! A lot.

Do your stories tend to have morals, or specific messages, included within them?
There is the odd moral floating around in my books, but I try not to rub it in my readers’ faces.

This question was posed by a fellow author, and I loved it so much I decided to throw it into the mix ~ Oh no! One of your characters has escaped. Luckily, I have caught them! I will interrogate them with the help of a lie detector. Welcome!Take a seat, make yourself comfortable. You will be returning to your book once this is over. What's your name, where are you from and what is your role in the book?
My name is Tor. Just, Tor. I love crackers with Chévre cheese and red wine but only if it’s room temperature. I hate turnips, I’m claustrophobic, and I’m allergic to cats…
…oh, and I’m a major and a mercenary temporarily in the employ of the French army, my job… to shoot Germans.

Tell us why we would enjoy reading your books
ADVENTURE! Non-stop, adrenaline-pumping adventure.

Cheers!
Billy Bob Buttons
Author of Felicity Brady and the Wizard's Bookshop, The Gullfoss Legends and UK People's Book Prize runner-up, TOR Assassin Hunter.


Edward Trayer, writing under the pen name Billy Bob Buttons is the author of the much-loved 'Felicity Brady and the Wizard's Bookshop'  'The Gullfoss Legends' and 'TOR Assassin Hunter'.
His next book 'TOR Wolf Rising' is COMING SOON!
He is also the organiser of The Wishing Shelf Book Awards.
http://www.thewsa.co.uk/    Wishing Shelf Independent Book Awards {UK}

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5CZRLy1wdg


No comments:

Post a Comment